Although Sony has showed us most of their hand when it comes to the PS5, there are still some crucial details we don’t know about. Namely: price and release date. Now that Sony has announced a State of Play stream this week, we’ll finally get some more gaming news, but is it the news we’re looking for? Let’s find out.
All the Highlights from Sony’s August 2020 State of Play Stream!
- New details on Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time. Keeps the classic look and feel. New platforming elements like wall running, rope swinging, and grinding. New skins to unlock as well. Quantum masks also give you new abilities like slowing time or flipping gravity. Play the entire game as Crash or Coco. Other characters to play as throughout. New visual mode lets you play with remixed visuals and styles that change gameplay.
- New updates on Hitman III. PSVR mode included! Play the entire trilogy in VR.
- Braid: Anniversary Edition announced with remastered visuals, improved gameplay, and developer commentary. Releasing in 2021.
- New PS5 footage of The Pathless. An open world mythic adventure game set in a vast forest. You’re a master archer. Fill your dash meter by shooting talismans in the environment. Focused on timing over aiming so you can move quickly. Use your eagle companion to navigate through the air and hunt for secrets. Finding crystals gives you upgrades. Solve puzzles as well in ancient structures. No map, but you look at the spirit world to find landmarks. Coming holiday 2020.
- Spelunky 2 updates. Online multiplayer is in. Build a community in the game by rescuing characters. Explore and interact in new ways. Hidden passages and branching paths.Coming September 15th, 2020
- Genshin Impact looks like a slick new RPG coming this holiday to PS4.Aon Must Die has an amazing art style and some great writing. Possibly a fighting game? Comes out in 2021 for PS4
- New Bugsnax gameplay on PS5! Keeping up with the great sense of humor and showcasing some unique trapping mechanics as well. Should be a unique title this holiday on PS5.
- The second DLC for Control teases its connection to Alan Wake! Release date is imminent: August 25th, 2020.
- Auto Chess is coming to PS4 in October!
- A puzzle game with a unique style and some interesting mechanics is coming to PS4. The Pedestrian comes to PS4 in 2021.
- New PS5 title looks to combine stealth with action in Hood: Outlaws and Legends. Comes to PS5 in 2021.
- Temtem brings its Pokemon style gameplay to PS5. Collect creatures, battle, explore, it’s all there. It looks just like Pokemon, but is that really a bad thing? Coming to PS5 in 2021
- New PS5 gameplay from Godfall. This looter slasher has intense action, and robust loot progression. Play alone or in online co-op up to 3 players. High fantasy setting, elemental realms to explore. Everything is acquired through gameplay, no microtransactions (love how that’s a feature now).
Article by – Bradley Ramsey
Insert date – 8/3/2020
Updated – 8/6/2020