Now that we have official confirmation that the PS5 is coming in 2020, it’s time to start thinking about games. As part of the big Wired article that dropped some major PS5 bombs, we also know about Bluepoint’s next game.
Keep in mind, this is the studio who is known for doing excellent remakes and remasters. Their Shadow of the Colossus remake was superb, for example. What could they be working on now? Let’s discuss!
Bluepoint is Working on Something ‘Big’ For the PS5
In the Wired article, Marco Thrush, the president of Bluepoint Games, said they have something in the works for 2020.
“We’re working on a big one right now. I’ll let you figure out the rest.”
Not much to go on, but given their ability to make excellent remakes and remasters, it’s not difficult to get hyped about Bluepoint’s PS5 title. The internet seems convinced that this is the long-rumored Demon’s Souls.
Since this was originally a Sony IP before the Dark Souls series was a game over in Miyazaki’s eye, they could be working on this. That being said, it’s a pretty niche title, so I wonder if they’re doing something more mainstream?
Looking at Bluepoint’s pedigree, they’ve worked with Konami and EA in the past, so could they be resurrecting one of these publisher’s titles as a PS5 exclusive?
While we wait for more info, here is a quick wishlist of my personal picks, both realistic and completely impossible:
- Metal Gear Solid (1 or 3 would work for me)
- Silent Hill (it’s the right thing to do, Konami)
- ICO (since it’s related to Shadow of the Colossus)
- Sly Cooper (Since Sucker Punch is busy with Ghosts of Tsushima)
- Killzone (It can finally live up to that original Killzone 2 trailer!)
- Resistance (Not likely, but I loved this series)
- Dead Space (It deserved better than EA)
- Uncharted (Bluepoint did the Nathan Drake Collection on PS4)
- The Legend of Dragoon (a lot of people are asking for it)
Which game do you want Bluepoint to remake for the PS5? Let us know in the comments!
Article by – Bradley Ramsey
Insert date – 10/9/19