While the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is virtual this year, that didn’t stop Sony from dropping some PS5 news! At the end of their presentation, a sizzle reel showed some familiar titles and confirmed release windows for more than a few! Not a bad way to close out their stream. Let’s see what they confirmed!
PS5 Release Windows Confirmed for Major Titles!
Sony put all the sizzle and pop you would expect from one of their marketing efforts into the final sizzle reel. The part that we’re interested in comes from a disclaimer slide and its fine print:
Here we can see targeted dates for more than few upcoming titles, which I’ve listed below:
- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is still slated for 2021
- Horizon Forbidden West is still targeting 2021 as well
- Returnal is confirmed for 3/19/21
- Pragmata has been moved from 2022 to 2023
- Solar Ash is on track for June 2021
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits is confirmed for March 2021
- Stray is set for October 2021
- Ghostwire Tokyo is coming October 2021
- Little Devil Inside is set for July 2021
- Project Athia is set for January 2022
- Hitman III comes out next week (January 20th, 2021)
First off, this is a stacked list for 2021, and while it’s not mentioned, God of War Ragnarok is also supposedly coming this year. Any other year, and I would have a lot of faith in these windows, but after the events of 2020, I expect more than a few of these to get pushed back. Nothing against the developers, but we all heard that 2021 would feel the impact of the ongoing lockdowns from the prior year.
Even so, if Sony can manage to get all of these out this year, it will be strong showing for PS5. Stay tuned for our previews and impressions on these upcoming titles! In the meantime, if you’re still looking for a PS5 of your own, keep your eyes glued to our Order Page for the latest updates!
Article by – Bradley Ramsey
Insert date – 1/12/2020