|PS1||$299||December 3, 1994|
|PS2||$299||March 4, 2000|
|PS3||$599 + (depending on model)||November 11, 2006|
|PS4||$399||November 15, 2013|
|PS4 Pro||$399||November 10, 2016|
|PS5||$399 Digital | $499 Disc||Release Date|
Where you can buy / pre-order the PS5 / Updates
We expect more pre-orders to go up for sale before November over time. We will post updates here as they come in. Meanwhile you can purchase some of the accessories available in preparation before those sell out as well.
- Amazon.com – Consoles Sold Out – Selling Games & Accessories.
PS5 Console | Digital Edition | Dualsense | HD Camera | Media Remote | PULSE 3D
- BestBuy.com – Consoles Sold Out – Selling Games & Accessories.
- Target.com – Consoles Sold Out – Selling Games & Accessories. They did not email anyone on their list. Horrible!
- Gamestop.com – Consoles Sold Out – Selling Games & Accessories.
- SamsClub.com – Consoles Sold Out – Only Selling Accessories.
- Costco.com – No inventory yet. Call into your local store to ask periodically.
- Playstation.com – Console Pre-Orders were invite only. Invitations opened 9/18/2020 at 10AM PT and we can confirm that the process worked for many but not for all. Check your email for an invite. The window was open until 10AM Pt on 9/19/2020. Selling Games and accessories in their website store.
- Official: Sony confirmed the release date and price of the PS5 during the September 16th event! Disc version is $499, digital is $399. Release date is November 12th, 2020 in all major regions!
- On 8/26/20 Playstation announced a “PS5 Pre-Order Opportunity” via registration but only limited number will be available! See below for details!. Those accepted started to receive invites on 9/16/20. Did you get one?
- Where you able to pre-order? Have a tip!? Let us know!
- Sony has assured everyone that PS5 preorders won’t come as a surprise and will give gamers “plenty of advance notice” BUT that did not actually happen unfortunately.
— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) July 17, 2020
Get the latest PS5 Pre Order updates by signing up for our PS5 Newsletter on this page. As soon as more pre orders are available you will be one of the first to know here! Don’t be left out like thousands of gamers were when the PS4 pre orders ran out. Bookmark this page and check back daily. Post your comments below.
Playstation PS5 Pre-Order Special Invites
- Playstation.com – On 8/26/20 Sony announced via email and on their website that you can register to pre-order the PS5 but warns there will only be a limited quantity! This pre-order registration is geared towards existing playstation users (Seems to be USA only) which will be selected by Sony based on certain criteria. From what we are seeing only very active users who purchase frequently were chosen. You will need your Playstation Online ID to register so have that ready! Also make sure all the information in your online account is up to date and accurate. You can register here via the official Playstation pre-order registration page. Do not delay, you do not want to miss this opportunity! On 9/16/20 actual invitations started going out via email. One our writers, Bradley Ramsey, received an invitation to preorder on 9/18 at 10AM PT, and we can confirm he was able to successfully order a console with accessories and games without any issue.
If you receive an invitation, follow the instructions in the email and have both your PSN login and credit card ready! The page automatically reloads and redirects you when it’s your turn to order. A much smoother experience than other retailers! If you also had success with this method, let us know in the comments!
“There will be a limited quantity of PS5 consoles available for pre-order, so we will be inviting some of our existing consumers to be one of the first to pre-order one from PlayStation.
Leading up to Sony’s September 16th event, Bloomberg published a report claiming that Sony had to cut their PS5 production due to issues with the chips being manufactured for the system.
This led to Sony vehemently denying the allegations later that same day. A statement from Sony, via GameIndustry.biz:
“While we do not release details related to manufacturing, the information provided by Bloomberg is false. We have not changed the production number for PlayStation 5 since the start of mass production.”
Pre-order reservations will be taken on a first-come-first-serve basis, so once you get an invite via email, we encourage you to follow instructions and act fast.
If you are interested in receiving an invitation, register below.
If selected, we will contact you via email with instructions and details.*”
For all the details read Sony’s FAQ Page on PS5 pre-order registrations.
Were you able to pre-order the PS4? Or did you end up missing the pre order and have to wait? How many limited pre-orders do you think Sony will do this time around? Share your thoughts and comments below.
Remember this!? Don’t let that be you.