For those times when you just need a sprawling adventure full of excitement and intrigue. And action, can’t forget that.
- Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
- Aragami 2
- Astro’s Playroom
- Balan Wonderworld
- Beyond Good & Evil 2
- Black Myth: Wu Kong (Platforms TBD)
- Chivalry 2
- Chorus: Rise As One
- Control: Ultimate Edition
- Days Gone 2 (Rumored)
- Destruction AllStars
- Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
- Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires
- God of War Ragnarok
- Goodbye Volcano High
- Gotham Knights
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Heavenly Bodies
- Hitman 3
- Hogwarts Legacy
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Immortals: Fenyx Rising
- Jett: The Far Shore
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Little Devil Inside
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
- Marvels’ Avengers
- Oddworld: Soulstorm
- Paradise Lost
- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
- Roots of Pacha
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One
- Solar Ash
- Spirit of the North Enhanced Edition
- Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League
- The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
- The Pathless
- Tribes of Midgard
- Unknown 9: Awakening
- War Mongrels
- Watch Dogs: Legion
- Warms Rumble
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Our Top Picks For Action/Adventure Games on The PS5
1. Grand Theft Auto VI – GTA VI
Probably one of the most anticipated games for the PS5. No other console could handle the specs needed. Find out why in the links below:
- GTA VI will be on the PS5! (New Leaks)
- GTA VI: 5 Time Period We’d Love to Visit
- 10 Ideas GTA VI Should “Borrow” From Other Games
- GTA VI on The PS5: 10 Potential Locations
2. Naughty Dog (Uncharted, Last of Us)
Anything Naughty dog touches turns to gold. While they keep saying they’re done with Uncharted, I don’t think that’s the case. Expect a spinoff series on PS5. With Last of Us 2 coming out, you can add that series to your list as well.
I will be very surprised if they don’t reveal something new as well. It may start on PS4 or it could launch on PS5, but they have more ideas that will come to light sooner than later.
4. Arkane Studios (Dishonored, Prey)
Arkane announced a PS5 game called Deathloop that seems to have Dishonored’s DNA with a time loop structure that involves two rival assassin’s hunting each other constantly through every loop. Big fan of time loops in fiction, so count me in!
5. God of War
Kratos is back! God of War on PS4 took the world by storm, and left us hanging in the end. Since these things work best in trilogies, I expect we’ll see the next 2 games on PS5.
6. Ubisoft (Watch Dogs, Assassin’s Creed)
Ubisoft is known for making games that involve open worlds and lots of collectibles. Both Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs have been doing pretty well. We know both series will continue on PS5 with Watch Dogs: Legion and Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla.
7. Lego Games
The Lego games have slowed down somewhat in recent years, but with new ideas like Lego Dimensions taking hold, I don’t think they’ll fade out entirely. Lego Worlds, for example, has been doing pretty well.
Expect to see some new Lego titles on the PS5. I’m thinking more original content and less franchised games, but it could be both.
Hey, a man can dream. With Psychonauts 2 successfully funded, and the VR game released, maybe we can get a third Psychonauts game on the PS5, or even a port of the second one. It’s not as likely as the other games on this list, but a man can dream.
9. Indie Darlings (Too many titles to list)
Indie game developers have been killing it with their releases lately. Tons of fun side-scrollers and other action/adventure titles are proving that you don’t need a huge budget to make a fun and unique game. The support for indies has been great, and it will most certainly continue into the PS5.
I’d love to see games like these on the PS5, but which action/adventure games do you want to see? Let us know in the comments!